Seller's Comments and Description:
This position is eligible for a $1000.00 sign-on bonus.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
This position helps students learn subject matter and skills that will lead them toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional and psychological growth and maturation.
- Creates detailed lesson plans and classroom activities such as work sheets, quizzes, or exams for use directly with students or for use with students by Title I support staff.
- Responds to students’ academic needs (strengths and weaknesses) and academically challenges all students using a variety of teaching strategies. Provides remedial or specialized instruction (tutoring) when needed and creates effective homebound assignments.
- Evaluates students’ progress and performance.
- Communicates effectively in directing Title I support staff.
- Periodically assesses, records, and communicates progress of identified Title I students.
- Structures remedial activities for Title I, General Educational Diploma (GED), and Credit