Seller's Comments and Description:
This Job is for Abraxas 1, located in Marienville, PA.
This position helps students learn subject matter and skills that will lead them toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional and psychological growth and maturation.
- Creates detailed lesson plans and classroom activities such as work sheets, quizzes, or exams for use directly with students or for use with students by Title I support staff.
- Responds to students’ academic needs (strengths and weaknesses) and academically challenges all students using a variety of teaching strategies. Provides remedial or specialized instruction (tutoring) when needed and creates effective homebound assignments.
- Evaluates students’ progress and performance.
- Communicates effectively in directing Title I support staff.
- Periodically assesses, records, and communicates progress of identified Title I students.
- Structures remedial activities for Title I, General Educational Diploma (GED), and Credit Recovery students before classes, as well as after classes at the conclusion of the school day.
- Role models and teaches effective supervision and management of clients, interacts meaningfully with clients, and observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Assures and monitors student location and movement.
- Maintains confidentiality of information as it relates to client information.
- Maintains Safety & Security of Clients & Facility.
- Addresses client grievances as appropriate.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.