Seller's Comments and Description:
This position is for Abraxas 1, located in Marienville, PA.
The primary function of the Mental Health Worker is to provide medically necessary mental health treatment services to children and adolescents experiencing social, emotional, behavioral, and psychiatric problems. The position provides direct client supervision to those clients with chronic or acute mental disorders who require active treatment.
- Conducts scheduled head counts to provide effective people security.
- Interacts meaningfully with clients; observes behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedure for the program/facility i.e. curfew, lights out, fire/safety, cleanliness, control, and supply inventory.
- Assigns, supervises, and directs clients during programmatic activities.
- Provides for physical safety, security, and care of clients while under staff member supervision.
- Assists/participates with the development and implementation of clients’ individualized treatment plan.
- Provides leadership and serves as a role model to clients in the performance of therapeutic activities
- Assists with the mentoring and training of new staff members.
- Reports significant client changes in behavior, attitude, or physical condition to higher-level staff members.
- Processes intakes and performs non-invasive searches of clients entering and/or returning to program/facility.
- Assists with suppressing and controlling problems that occur within the program/facility.
- Evaluates client’s behavioral and emotional issues.
- Facilitates groups as required and in accordance with the client’s individualized treatment plan.
- Makes observat