Seller's Comments and Description:
This position is for Abraxas 1, located in Marienville, PA. Summary:
The primary function of the Mental Health Aide is to supervise clients with chronic or acute mental disorders during the sleeping hours in a manner that ensures their safety and security.
- Conducts random /unpredictable head counts/bed checks (minimum of once every twelve minutes) to ensure client location.
- Conducts outside building security checks.
- Complete security calls to Night Supervisor.
- Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedure for the program/facility i.e. curfew, lights out, fire/safety, cleanliness, control, and supply inventory.
- Provides for physical safety and security of clients while under staff member supervision..
- Maintains confidentiality of information related to client information.
- Assists with the mentoring and training of new level staff members.
- Reports significant client changes in behavior, attitude, or physical condition to higher-level staff members.
- Observes activities and responds accordingly including emergency situations such as evacuation, CPR, or first aid.
- Assists with suppressing and controlling problems that occur within the program/facility.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance with current departmental practices and meet guidelines as outlined by outside referral and licensing agencies.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local licensing, and reporting requirements.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.